Today, I am in the mud-hole. I am not sure how I got here, but I am here. Bathing myself in the mud of self pity. I've smeared it all over, trust me. And the reason I am here, you ask? Well although I would like to blame the girl next door. Although I would love to shout it from the rooftop that I was mistreated, spied on, and talked about...I cannot. Because the truth of the matter is that I am here because I thought a second too long on what the enemy wanted me to think about. And to top it all off, I talked with the horse, the sheep, and the cow about the other pig I was mad at. And of course they all agreed that I was right. I ate the hook. Took the bait. I was swiped by Swiper and I promise it just did not happen overnight. Instead of wallowing when things don't go your way; maybe we would be best served by following a few simple truths.
1. Let the Lord help us dwell on what is pure, lovely, and right.
2. Don't talk with the other animals in the barn about the matter.
2. Remember that even when you take a step back, God is comitted to walking you forward.
3. Pray in the calm, not just the storm.
5. Pray for your enemies, not just for yourself.
6. Confess your sins so as to not give Satan a foothold.